Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Butterscotch Cupcakes

I've been trying to play around with different flavors lately and while looking through cupcake ideas I decided I'd try a butterscotch cupcake. I've never had butterscotch so I was nervous about diving into this blindly.

I looked at a ton of Butterscotch recipes (Holy Cow! There are a lot! Haha!) so that I could get a feel of what would be going on and started to pull a little of this and that to form the recipe I would use.

I saw that one recipe actually made a butterscotch ganache as a filling for the cupcake and I thought that was awesome. I ignored the recipe they had for the ganache and made my own. It turned out really good, but it was harder to make than I thought. Haha. Next time I'm going to cut back the milk (it was a little too runny for my taste) and melt the butterscotch chips first.

I must say that the frosting, which was butterscotch too, was absolutely divine. It was the perfect frosting creaminess and the explosion of butterscotch complimented my butter cream cupcake so well.

After the cupcakes were cooled I poured my ganache into the middle of the cupcake.
Problem: My ganache was runny so instead of sitting comfortably inside my cupcake, the cuppie "drank" up the ganache. The great thing about it absorbing into the cupcake was that it infused the butter cream cake with butterscotch. It didn't hurt the cuppie at all! Next time I need to try to get it thicker, but I don't want to take away the benefits my accident made. Something to think about... :-)






3 comments:

anna said...

That looks so yummy. Do you write down these notes, or do you keep them in your head?

Jennifer Owens said...

Um, I'm gonna need to try one of these. Are there any left?

Do you know those little yellow butterscotch candies? Those are my FAVORITE candies in the entire world.

bleedingdaughter said...

i love butterscotch!! mmmmm