Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vegan Cupcake

Yeah. I made vegan cupcakes. I had a few people asking me if I made "healthy" cupcakes. In my opinion, there is no such thing as a "healthy cupcake". If you want a something healthy then go eat a muffin. Cupcakes are delicious and sinful. 'Nuff said.

Haha. Can you tell I feel strongly about this.

I was thinking about a cupcake I could make that would be "healthy", but would still remind me of a regular cupcake. I looked at Gluten-free recipes and decided against that. There was no way that I was going to buy all these special ingredients for one batch. Then I started thinking about Cupcake Wars. I've seen several contestants that were Vegan bakers and the judges were amazed at how good the cupcakes tasted. So Vegan was the route to take for me.

The recipe I found was easy and simple. It was in this amazing cupcake book (booklet? magazine?) I found a couple weeks at HEB.

On a side note, I also got these awesome stakes so I could use them as cupcake toppers.

It took me less than ten minutes to pop them in the oven. I looked at several Vegan Frostings, but I was grossed out. Sorry. So I used my tried & true Vanilla Buttercream Frosting instead. I even had a chance to use my new Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla!



I was pleasantly surprised about the cupcake. It was moist. And it did taste like chocolate. I still like my Chocolate Cupcake recipe, but in case someone really, really wants me to make a Vegan Cupcake I have a recipe I can use. Begrudgingly of course. ;-)



1 comment:

bleedingdaughter said...

hahaahh!!! "GO EAT A MUFFIN."