Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vixen & Lois Lane

Today I woke up at 5:30am and placed 2 dozen cupcakes snugly in their boxes. I was up that early because I had a cupcake order that was being picked up. My very first cupcake order. It felt amazing! I spent last night baking and frosting and printing out labels for the boxes. And when my alarm went off this morning I jumped out of bed, ran downstairs and got those cute little cuppies ready to be picked up.

I put a lot of thought into what type of cupcakes I wanted to make and finally decided on two basic cupcakes:

Vixen - Chocolate Cupcake with Peanut Butter Frosting



Lois Lane- Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting




My Vixen cupcake is based off of DC's first black female superhero to actually star in her very own series! I thought it was fitting because this cupcake feels very earthy with the chocolate and peanut butter combo. Vixen even wears a light brown suit that reminds me a lot of peanut butter and her powers come from an African totem she wears that allows her to mimic any animal on Earth. Like I said...very earthy! It also felt even more fitting when I realized that it was my first cupcake from scratch for Legitimized Baking.

I felt that my traditional Vanilla Cupcake needed to be named after someone special, but not because of any super powers. Lois Lane popped into my head right away. She was a special, yet ordinary women. She couldn't fly around or shoot laser beams from her eyes and she wasn't invincible. She was ordinary...nothing incredible, but one superhero thought the world of her. She was special to him and because of that, the name Lois Lane would be famous forever. My traditional cupcake isn't anything "incredible". It's just a Vanilla cupcake topped with Chocolate. Ordinary. Except people love this ordinary cupcake so much that it's become special. I could definitely see Lois Lane stopping at my cupcakery, buying a vanilla cupcake with a strong cup of coffee, and nestling herself at a cozy corner window with her paper.

I love how I'm able to incorporate my love for all things cupcake and comics together. :-)
And I love fulfilling cupcake orders! I hope that they keep coming...