Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pancake Cupcakes & Maple Syrup Frosting


Can you guess what this is?! Well...you probably can because it's in the title. Darn. :-) Okay so yes, this is a Pancake Cupcake. I'm very impressed with how they looked. And the frosting is to die for. It's a Maple Syrup Frosting! And yes, it tastes just like maple syrup! I'm wanting to try this frosting with a Pumpkin Cupcake. Ooo! Yum!

Anywho, back to the pancake cupcake. I thought this would be a great idea. I concocted my own pancake recipe and then popped in the oven just like regular pancakes. Around 15 mins later I pulled them out, let them cool off and added the frosting. Now I love pancakes. I can never get enough, but let me just say this. Pancakes are not made to be cupcakes. Was it gross? Did it not bake well? Nope, it tasted just like a good pancake and it baked very well. But it's a pancake...with frosting... I kept wanting to warm it up and pour syrup all over it...not eat a round cooled off pancake with frosting. It was just wrong somehow...Haha. Maybe others would disagree, but the Brown-Eyed Villainess has made a decision. I'm going to leave pancakes as they are and never try to force them to be cupcakes again.

No comments: