Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

There are two things I enjoy (and love) very much! Cupcakes and comic books. I think if you gave me a comic book in one hand and a cupcake in the other (and don't forget some milk!) I would be the happiest girl in the world.

As I've been finding recipes it felt almost natural to try to combine both of my loves. Each time I create a delicious batch of cupcakes I am reminded of a comic book character. My favorite comic book characters come from the DC Universe. Marvel is great, but DC will always hold a special place in my heart. If it weren't for their relatable, well developed heroes and villains, I wouldn't have been introduced to what my heart was created to do so well - dream. My two favorite characters are Harley Quinn and Catwoman. Love those girls!! Anywho, as I look at what I've baked, decorated, and then begin consuming, the wheels of my little mind start turning. Which character would enjoy this cupcake? I love the moment of "Omg! This cupcake reminds me of "insert character"!"

As I create my cupcakes I honor them by naming the various flavors after the various DC Universe characters. My cupcakes aren't about DC or comic books. They have nothing to do with selling or advertising for DC. I have no intention of stealing DC character names. They belong to DC. In short, lol, I "name" my own cupcakes after these amazing characters out of respect and a fun spirit. My cupcakes are my own...and I think they're pretty amazing.

Alright well...that's all for now... The cupcake writing will be coming soon!

No comments: