Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Robin: Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcake

This past week I made Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes. I had some hesitation about it though. I mean, come on, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are one of my favorite comfort food, but as a cupcake? Is it possible to make one comfort food item into another comfort food pleasure?

It is. It really is.

I took a simple recipe, changed some things up to add my own special touch, and OMG! It's a freaking moist and delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcake! Hahah! It's a nice yellow cake that has strawberry jelly (my fav!) injected inside and lightly spread on top and has an abundant swirl of peanut butter icing!

One bad thing is that I made these in a small (not mini) cupcake size so now when I eat one...well...I can't just eat one. I have to eat two. Come on now! Two small cupcakes are really just the size of one regular size cupcake. Right? Haha...okay now honestly you shouldn't answer that question unless you are willing to agree with me. I like my process of eating sweets. :-)

As for the name of this new cupcake I'm calling it the Robin. I can just see little Jason Todd (RIP), Dick Grayson,Tim Drake, or Stephanie Brown in the Batcave with their feet propped up waiting for the next mission and then Alfred walks in with a tall glass of milk and a silver platter filled with PB&J cupcakes (or maybe in reality sandwiches). I can see a smile break out across their childish faces as this comforting food brings a sense of safety and warmth into their beings...an innocence that has been lost in their fight with the evil in Gotham.

I feel this is another victory in the search for my cupcakes. The Brown-Eyed Villainess won this week. I think I shall honor this victory by eating a PB&J Cupcake...or two...


No comments: