Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Friday, October 22, 2010

Catwoman - Black Bottom Cupcake

Catwoman is another favorite DC character of mine. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't know this insatiable thief. She is one character who's hero/villain status is left “Undecided”. Yes, she steals lots of things. Yes, she hangs with the bad guys. But Catwoman doesn't destroy people's lives. She is a villain who has a moral code. She protects the innocent people and doesn't mind beating up the bad guys. Batman saw the potential in her and decided she was no threat...well...no threat except for his heart.

I started these cupcakes in the afternoon and put When In Rome on half for watching and the other half for background noise. The cupcake I chose for Catwoman was a semi-cupcake. A Black Bottom Cupcake is a simple chocolate cupcake with a Cream Cheese filling/topping with Chocolate Chips. The chocolate cupcake does not have an intense chocolate taste. It's a denser cupcake that is baked with the cream cheese and chocolate chip topping. These cupcakes came out nice and rounded on top.

I don't feel like these are your traditional cupcakes. Yes, they are shaped like cupcakes, but they don't have any frosting or icing. Just chocolate with cream cheese and a burst of chocolate chips. They remind me of Catwoman. Both look like something that might be easy to define, but what makes them who they are is the different ingredients/personalities that all together defy expectations.

Once my Catwoman cupcakes cooled off I started taking pictures. Then I remembered that I had a Catwoman graphic novel upstairs. I just had to get a picture of the cupcakes with it! I positioned them around the book, snapped the picture and then I noticed something funny. The name of the graphic novel was “When in Rome” just like the title of the movie that I had playing while I was baking.

So perfect.


No comments: