Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I have some big ambitions this coming month.

A) I'm making a brand new recipe (fingers crossed that it turns out good!) to take to my sis-in-law's birthday this weekend.

B) I'm going to try to make some real cute cupcake cones for my little niece's birthday two weeks from now. I wanted to try to make my own cotton candy and top the cups with that, but I'm thinking that might be more work than I want to put into it. Haha.

C) Close to the end of the month, I'll be baking a ton of cupcakes, boxing them up, and giving them away (if you want to be on my list just let me know asap and we can work something out!). I need to get my cupcakes “out there” so I'll have a variety of free cupcakes to start off with.

D) I need to find a baking supply store that I can find what I need at a reasonable prices... And I may just need to go to a Sams or Costco to get my baking ingredients in bulk size.

Hahaha, well, okay, it doesn't feel like too much, with the exception of “C”. That one feels huge and scary. The rest are definitely doable and very exciting.

Just today my husband has put his own request in for me to make. He would like me to make a Pancake Cupcake with Maple Syrup Frosting. His exact words were “Can you make like a pancake cupcake? And maybe with a frosting that has maple syrup?” Yes, babe. For you I will try! I'm thinking of trying a homemade (that's pretty much a given with me) pancake recipe that is accented by cinnamon or nutmeg. I'm also thinking of either a Maple Syrup Cream Cheese Frosting or Maple Syrup Whipped Cream Frosting. And to keep the breakfast tone I'll probably add some sliced strawberries, and maybe something like french toast crumbs. I'll definitely post the end result whenever I figure out exactly what I'm doing!

Here's a picture I found for some cupcakes I made for my little niece's second(??) birthday. I know it was someone's birthday. I feel like I've come such a long way from there. Hopefully the ice-cream cone cupcake idea will be as cute as it is in my mind!



2 comments:

bleedingdaughter said...

omg i love you! heheheh im excited about your endeavors.
this blog is so cute, too !

Jennifer Owens said...

OK. I just saw that you started this blog and I'm so excited to see where your cupcake endeavors go. (o: