Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

For some reason my need to bake cupcakes comes late at night. Around nine o'clock the baker in me awakens and in the kitchen I go. I can't help it... When the sky is dark and the crickets are singing...as my husband relaxes on the couch and the kitties begin eating their dinner...I feel the need to bake...to fill the house up with delicious scents and cover myself in flour and sugar. It's magical. I get in the zone...paying attention to each and every detail. I move around my tiny kitchen with ease...pulling things out and putting them back. I get excited as I see my batter come together. I do a quick taste test and then have to keep myself from trying more. I fill up the cups, stick them in the oven, rotating the pans every five to ten mins like clockwork and when the last timer goes off and my cupcakes are sitting on the cooling racks I begin the tricky work of figuring out the frosting/icing. Once my cupcakes are frosted I grab a plate and some milk, snuggle up to my husband and we talk about the cupcake process and whether or not we like the cupcake etc.

It's a sweet time. A magical time.

I'm sure I could get more baking done if I only started earlier, but there is nothing like ending the day with a sweet cupcake and a good tired feeling.


1 comment:

Stacey said...

I baked last night at around 9 as well. Chocolate chip cookies here though, and in a ridiculous amount. The baby wanted them, I swear!