Email: legitbaking@yahoo.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yellow was my inspiration...

Today was my friend's birthday and I made her some cupcakes for her special day! I first made a batch of my Ivy's Lure and topped them with a chocolate candy sunflower (her favorite flower) and then I made Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting tinted yellow. I had originally wanted the yellow to be swirled inside of the white buttercream, but I wasn't able to carry it out the way I wanted so I carefully added the icing color so I could get a soft yellow color...there was no way I was making her bright, clown yellow cupcakes!

I really need to get better about taking pictures of the finished project, but here are a few that I took before I loaded them for travel. Hopefully someone at the party got a picture so I can add it here!





Happy Birthday Jenn!

2 comments:

bleedingdaughter said...

yay! these are sooooo gooood! the chocolate flower was just enough chocolate perfection, complementing the lemon....mmmm mmmmm.

Jennifer Owens said...

They were the most beautiful cupcakes ever!! (o: I'm so honored you made some for my party, especially my favorites! I love you friend!